Everything You Need To Know About Our Products
Heritage Lace products are easy to care for. Follow the care instructions below to keep your lace looking its best for years to come.
- 100% polyester Lace Window Treatments - Machine wash warm, gentle cycle. Do not bleach. Hang to dry.
- 70% Cotton/30% polyester blend lace - Machine wash warm, gentle cycle. Do not bleach. Hang to dry.
- Fine Linens - Fine linens are 100% cotton, 100% polyviscose or cotton/polyviscose blend. All are machine washable in cold water, hang to dry. Use a cool iron if needed.
- Lace Table Textiles and Wall Decor - Machine wash warm, gentle cycle. Do not bleach. Damp dry, then lay flat to dry or hang to dry. All color transfers are colorfast and machine washable.
- Crushed Lace - 100% polyester. Machine wash warm, gentle cycle. Do not bleach. Hang to dry. Ironing is not recommended.
Country Curtain Care
- 100% Cotton, unlined curtains - Machine wash cold, gentle cycle. Do not bleach. Hang to dry and use warm iron, if needed. For first washing, soak in a vinegar bath to help set the color. Use 1 cup vinegar.
- 100% Cotton, Lined Curtains - Dry cleaning is recommended for best results and to prevent shrinkage. You may also machine wash cold, gentle cycle and line dry.
- Shower Curtains - Shower curtains are 100% cotton fibers. Machine wash cold, gentle cycle. Hang to dry.
Measure the width of the window, then the length you desire. You may choose to place panels just to touch the windowsill, sit under the windowsill or go to the floor. It is all about personal preference. Tiers are measured from the middle of the window to the windowsill. Most of our curtains are 60" wide with some exceptions. If your window is wider, you may require more than one curtain to get the desired fullness. Our swags are split to accommodate an additional valance if extra width is needed. Valances can also be hung next to each other for the desired fullness.
Curtains have a 1-1/2 inch header and 1-3/4 inch rod pocket.
It is recommended that curtains be 1.25 - 2.25 times your window width.
Our lampshades are handcrafted using 100% cotton fabrics over an opaque backing, then hand trimmed and hand sewn. They come individually wrapped in clear cellophane.
|6 inch shade||2-3/4 inch dia||6 inch dia||4-1/2 inch High|
|10 inch shade||5 inch dia||10 inch dia||7 inch High|
|12 inch shade||6 inch dia||12 inch dia||8-1/2 inch High|
|14 inch shade||6 inch dia||14 inch dia||10 inch High|
- 5 inch or 6 inch shades have a candle bulb clip designed to fit over the candle bulb.
- 10 inch shades have a bulb clip that will fit over a standard light bulb.
- 12 inch shades have a washer fitting for use with a harp and finial
- 14 inch shades have a washer fitting for use with a harp and finial
Our handpainted, metal punched shades accent our collection of lamps beautifully. Each metal punched lampshade is hand punched by artisans.
The sizes of our cotton lampshades also applies to our metal lampshades. See sizing above.
Because our lampshades are handcrafted, delivery could take from 1 to 2 weeks.
What is a Swag Pair?
A swag pair is a curtain that is long on the sides and tapers up towards the center. The swag is split in the center so a valance can be added for wider window widths.
What is a Valance?
A Valance is a shorter curtain at the top of the window. One or more valances can be hung side by side for wider windows.
What are Tiers?
Tiers, also called Cafe Curtains, hang from the mid point of the window down to the sill, or below the sill. Tiers can be one piece or can be split as a pair.
What is a Panel Curtain?
A panel is a curtain that usually covers the entire length of the window from the top to the sill. Panels can even hang to the floor. They can be used alone or under valances and swags for a complete window treatment. Most split panels come with tiebacks for pulling back. Panels can be also be one piece.
How many curtains do I need per window?
Fullness is a matter of personal preference. We recommend 1-1/2 to 2 times the width of your window measurement. However, we have used less if we wish to see more of the pattern. You may use two or more times the width of your window if you would like a fuller look.
Lace Curtain Color Descriptions
When lace curtains are hung on windows, the colors will become slightly lighter in hue.
White - similar to the color of copy paper
Off-White - similar to the color of old china
Ecru - similar to the color of a manila folder
Cafe' - much like the color of coffee with lots of cream
Antique - similar to the color of golden caramel
Fern - much like a soft sage green color